This video (click the picture) will grab you by the collar, or at least get your attention through its poignant, raw honesty.
I spent some time with Dwight Peterson shortly after college while he was a grad student at Duke. Dwight is a theologian and has been paraplegic since childhood. He’s now in the final months of life, as an infection has slowly taken over his body.
They say, “more is caught than taught.” Here’s what I caught watching this interview:
1) God is faithful even when we are faithless.
2) Hope springs eternal.
3) Transparency connects.
4) A dying man lives closer to reality.
5) We are not wired to do life alone.
6) Love knows when to offer a cup of cold water instead of a word of truth.
7) Friendship can stand in the gap between, “Lord I believe.” and “Help my unbelief!”
What caught you? (Click comment by the title above.)